A new update involving my future.

So this post is manly just getting some stuff off of my chest and try to detail some of my future plans.


I'm trying to get into game development. Is that blunt enough?

I know what you might be thinking and no, I'm not doing this alone. I have my programmer friend doing all of the programming parts of game development currently. Now that's not to say I won't get into programming in the future but I would say it's very unlikely. I'm trying to focus on the most of the other parts of being a game dev studio. This will involve the art (modeling, drawing and UI), design (character and level design), and audio (sound design and music). My programmer friend will be working mainly on programming and working with the engine. He's also going to worry about the sound design at this stage. Now I know that sounds like a lot of responsibility for me alone but at this early stage I really don't have a choice. And there's also the fact that we're just starting out and so most of the stuff I have to do is very basic. I'm currently working on getting a pretty good understanding of Blender. After that I'm going to try and get a basic understanding of music theory to make music for the games. At this point though I'm just going to worry about making models and animations and use free solutions for audio for now.

I'm also hoping to bring in another friend to try and help with development. I'd love to get him/her to be our audio person. This'd help me a lot and help me focus on my main skills as an artist. But again at this point it's not really needed. And there's also the fact that I don't really know a guy/girl yet (probably since I haven't been talking around yet).


So the big question: How does this effect your current work and the future of the blog?


Well first of all that's a very specific question.

And yes, you would be correct. This will change a few things.

Because my programmer friend is now completely focused on working on game development, he won't be working on his site anymore (or at least that's what he said). So what this means for me is that the website concept is scraped for now. I don't know if this game studio thing doesn't work out if he'd go back to working on his site or not (I wouldn't count on it). So this means I won't be posting about it on this blog whatsoever. I might however put up what work I have on my twitter.

Regarding graphic design, I will post the occasionally logo on my twitter since I still like making them in my free time. I will however post anything graphic design that I think warrants a post.

And finally, what about the blog?

Well not much is going to change besides the switch from fewer logos and icon posts to more model and music. I'll still be posting pixel and voxel art since that already is apart of being a game developer. And other than that, I might post more things related to video games in general like games I think look cool or topics. Who knows!

That'll be all for now. I hope everyone doesn't mind the switch. I personally think it'll be for the better. I've always wanted to make video games and having the opportunity is really mind-blowing for me.


Bye for now,
Scott

Comments

Popular Posts