Icons - Seven Days Of Programs

I made all of these logos in 3 days

(And while on a trip)



These are all the logos in the calendar format 


This is the way the calendar worked



This is the stopwatch icon



This is the random capitalizer icon



This is the rainbow letter generator icon



This is the letter counter icon



This is the python web crawler icon



This is the wiki title grabber icon



This is the datacrypt icon


The process


Stopwatch: This is my favorite out of them all. This icon was probably the easiest to come up with, it being explicitly what the program is. This is also the one that helped me come up with the unified look.

Random Capitalizer: This being the last one I made, I probably didn't work as hard on it as I should've. I still think it came out pretty well. This pretty simple idea conveys the point well enough.

Rainbow Text Generator: This is one of the hardest logos I've tried to make. I know it doesn't seem like much, but influencing all the curves all to be smooth and all the same was difficult. Overall, I think this logo has gone through the most iterations.

Letter Counter: It's an abacus! This has to be my cleverest idea for an icon I've come up with in a while. The original abacus had a much more realistic look before I transformed it to fit with the theme.

Python Web Crawler: All I know about the program is the title, so I chose the most direct thing I could think of. Python logo + web + spider = the Python Web Crawler icon. I believe this is the first icon I made.

Wiki Title grabber: This program grabs Wikipedia and Wikihow titles and displays them really fast. I went with a claw from a claw machine as my icon because it illustrates the point really well. This is the first logo that I tried a kinda 3D effect. It didn't turn out quite as well as I was hoping but it's subtle enough to not be that troublesome.

Datecrypt: Simple enough, the Datacrypt encrypts data. What's a more precise way to paint the picture than a lock?

Overview


I made all these icons in 3 days. One on the first day, one on the second, and five on the third. I also made these while on a trip. The third day was really crazy. Originally, I made them all look more "realistic."These are the best icons I've made to date and I hope to make more like them in the future.

My takeaway


Trying out different styles is vital to developing your overall skill.


Bye for now,
Scott

Comments

Popular Posts