Voxel Art - Rand 3D

This is my first pixel to voxel art

(Trying to make 2D pixel art into 3D voxel art is hard)

This is a rendition of my old 2D Rand

A nice top left side view to show the 3D

A bottom left view to show that he's hollow

This is trying to show what Rand looks like in light (and that awesome glowing eye)

This is the best in light Rand photo I have


The process


This took me about 4-6 hours to make, and another 30 minutes to render all the images. The process was simple in thought, but hard in practice. Trying to make it look like the pixel art came first was pretty hard to say the least. I had to match up all the voxels in a way so that when you looked at Rand from the front, it would mirror the pixel art perfectly. It turned out really well in the end and that's all I wanted.

Overview


Overall, I really like what I was able to do. Learning how to use effects made these photos ten times better than if it was just plain voxels.

My takeaway


Making pixel art into voxel art is hard, but rewarding.


Bye for now,
Scott

Comments

Popular Posts